Sunday, August 31, 2014

4 Naked Ghosts Sneak Up On A Lonely Bird

Sometimes you just get lucky.

Tonight was one of those nights. I was tied up in meetings from about one o'clock on today. I had thought I would have a few moments in between meetings or after the last one to go out shooting but time filled in before slipping away. No photos of any sort were taken much less any of Naked Ghosts.

I did spy out a few places that I think I may stake out in the future as likely Naked Ghost hang outs and watering holes. That is for another day though.

So I came home late to a fantastic dinner which I had to wolf down. I say "had to" but it is not like someone had a gun to my head or anything like that. It is just that the family had finished eating before I got home and I had to carry out the compost, and the garbage, and it was getting dark... So, I wolfed it down.

Anyway, as I was taking out the garbage, I saw the most wonderful scene in the evening sky. A fantastic cloud, lit white by the lowering sun. Behind a grey cloud promising rain. I did not have my camera with my as I was taking out the garbage.

I rushed back inside. Grabbed the bag I had taken over to the Wolf's house for an earlier meeting. Whipped out the little camera bag. Unzipped the camera bag and took out the camera. I dashed outside. It probably took me longer to right that than to do it. Well perhaps not but it did not take long at all.

I was too late. The white cloud was in hiding and the grey cloud was beginning to make good on its promise.

I saw a bird on a wire and decided to try and at least get a shot of that. As I turned on the camera and brought it to bear on the bird, I noticed:



4 Naked Ghosts Sneaking Up On The Lonely Bird

The scene was actually quite a bit darker than it appears here but the camera set a very long exposure time and I let it. Also, I did not post process this. This is straight out of the box, as it were.

Enjoy.

----------

Click here for your free audio version of 4 Naked Ghosts Sneak Up On A Lonely Bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment